It took three days before Christmas Eve for me to get inspired but I finally created a holiday makeup look! Keep on reading to learn how you can also look festive and femme for your own holiday gathering! All makeup products will be listed at the end of the post.
Always start with your eyeshadow first! – Especially if you are a beginner or if you are using dark eye shadows. This will prevent your eyeshadow from falling onto your cheeks and ruining your foundation and concealer.
- Prime your eyelid with an eyeshadow primer or concealer. If you are using concealer to prime (as I did) dust powder over it to help your eyeshadow blend easier.
Apply a light brown shadow with a blending brush to the crease of your eyelid. Then, apply a medium brown shadow to the crease and outer corner of your eyelid. Next, pack on an emerald green eyeshadow to your eye lid. Apply a dark brown eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eyelid. Apply a white, shimmery shadow to the inner corner of your eye and at the highest point of the brow bone.
Line lower lashline with emerald green eyeshadow. Blend medium brown shadow using a q-tip or pencil brush on top of emerald eye shadow. Repeat with light brown eyeshadow.
(To watch the basics of creating a smokey eye, click here.)
- Use your favorite black, liquid or gel eyeliner to create a wing.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- *Optional- Apply false eyelashes.
- Apply your foundation, concealer, powder, and blush. (If you want to watch my detailed foundation routine, click here.)
- Line and fill in your lips with a red lip pencil (filling in your entire lip with lip pencil will make your lipstick last longer) and apply red lipstick. (To learn how to achieve the perfect red lip, click here.)
Maybelline Better Skin Foundation
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Dermablend Loose Translucent Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
NYX “Dusty Rose” Blush
TheBalm “Marylouminizer” Highlighter
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in “Medium Brown” and Clear Brow Gel
(Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette)
Crease: “Salted Caramel” and “Semi Sweet”
Outer Corner: “Triple Fudge”
(Malani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Shadow)
Inner Corner and Brow Bone: “Shroom”
Clinique “01 Black” Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen
KIKO Daily Extensions Mascara
KISS “11” False Lashes
MAC “Red Enriched” Cremestick Liner
Wet n Wild “Red Velvet” Lipstick
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM JEEVES AND ME! THANKS FOR READING!