Bring in the New Year looking glamorous! Continue reading to see how to create a similar look and what products I used.
Always start with your eyeshadow first! – Especially if you are a beginner or if you are using dark eye shadows. This will prevent your eyeshadow from falling onto your cheeks and ruining your foundation and concealer.
- Prime your eyelid with an eyeshadow primer or concealer. If you are using concealer to prime (as I do) dust powder over it to help your eyeshadow blend easier.
- Eyelid – Using the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Apply “Limit” (fourth from the right) with a blending brush to the crease of your eyelid. Then, apply “Nooner” (seventh to the right) to the crease and outer corner of your eyelid. Next, blend “Mugshot” (third from the left) into the crease and outer corner. Try to keep these shadows off of your eyelid. Pack on ivory, shimmery shadow on your eyelid and brow bone with a brush or your finger. Also use the ivory shadow to clean up any dark eyeshadow that got on your eyelid. Using a pencil brush or a brush with a fine tip, apply “Blackheart”(the darkest shadow) into your crease and blend back and forth. Do not bring “Blackheart” onto your lid! Use your pencil brush and blending brush, to blend out “Blackheart”. You can take more of “Mugshot” and “Nooner” on your brush and blend it on top of “Blackheart” give your eyeshadow a seemless transition from dark to light. Apply an ice-white, shimmery shadow to the inner corner of your eye and on your eyelid on top of the ivory eyeshadow. Also use the white shadow to clean up your eyelid and create that sharp, defined cut-crease.
Line lower lashline with “Mugshot. Blend “Nooner” shadow using a q-tip or pencil brush on top of “Mugshot”. Repeat with “Limit”.
(To watch the basics of creating a smoked out lower lashline using eyeshadow, click here.)
- Use your favorite black, liquid or gel eyeliner to create a wing.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- *Optional- Apply false eyelashes.
- Apply your foundation, concealer, powder, and blush. (If you want to watch my detailed foundation routine, click here.)
- Apply lipstick. (To learn how to achieve the perfect lip, click here.)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Maybelline Better Skin Foundation
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Dermablend Loose Translucent Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
KIKO Tri-bal Blush in “Delux Coral”
TheBalm “Marylouminizer” Highlighter
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in “Medium Brown” and Clear Brow Gel
(Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette)
(Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow 35E Palette)
Lid: Ice White Shade
Lid and Brow Bone: “Shroom”
Clinique “01 Black” Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen
KIKO Daily Extensions Mascara
Lena Lashes in “Bianca”
Nars “Bahama” Lipstick Pencil