Connecticut hasn’t even had a real snow storm yet and I am already over winter! I’ve been day-dreaming of vibrant colors and sunshine. Hopefully this colorful, dreamy makeup tutorial will leave you feeling warm amidst this horrible cold, even if it is only on the inside.
>>Always fill in your eyebrows (unless you are one of those lucky gals or guys who have naturally gorgeous, full eyebrows.) Filled in brows will make you look younger, appear more awake, and enhance your bone structure!
>>When applying your makeup, start by applying your eyeshadow first. If little specks of eyeshadow fall on your checks (which tends to be inevitable) and you try to wipe it away with foundation on, you may end up with muddy smudges on your cheeks.
>>When wearing a bold lip, make sure you are either using a lipstick that doesn’t require a lip liner (i.e. liquid lipstick) or wear a lip liner under your lipstick. This will make your lipstick last longer. To learn how I achieve the perfect bold lip, click here.
>>All products used will be listed at the bottom of this post.
- Prime your eyelids with your favorite eyelid primer or concealer. Tip: I always dust loose powder or a matte, light colored eyeshadow on my lids over my primer to help my eyeshadows blend more smoothly.*Steps using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
- *Add depth to your eyelid crease by applying “Salted Caramel” with an eyeshadow blending brush. Do the same with “Milk Chocolate”.
- *Apply “Semi-sweet” to the outer corner of your eye and low in your crease. Tip: You want your eyeshadow to have a gradual transition starting from your crease from darkest to lightest. Your eyeshadow should transition from “Semi-sweet” to “Milk Chocolate” to “Salted Caramel”.
- *Apply “Triple Fudge” to the outer corner of your eye.
- Pack on a shimmery rose gold eyeshadow to your eyelids. Tip: To add even more dimension, I applied a loose pigment in a similar rose gold color.
- Line your eyes and create a wing with a black gel liner or liquid liner. Tip: To create a more natural look, line your lash-line with a dark brown eyeliner and skip creating a wing.
- Curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. *Optional: Apply false eyelashes.
- Apply your foundation, concealer, and face powder.
- Warm up your face and enhance your bone structure by applying bronzer to the perimeter of your face and to the hollows of your cheeks, blush to the apples of you cheeks in upward sweeping motions, and a highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones.
- Fill in your eyebrows.
- *Line your lower lash-line with “Semi-sweet”.
- *Blend “Milk Chocolate” and “Salted Caramel” over top of “Semi-sweet” with a pencil brush to diffuse any harsh lines. Tip: Do not be afraid to blend! Again, your eyeshadows should transition from darkest to lightest – the darkest color starting at your lower lash-line. It can be scary to blend that much eyeshadow on your lower lash-line for fear of having raccoon eyes. Take your time, blend a lot and you will be fine. And if you mess up — it’s only makeup!
- Apply a champagne colored eyeshadow to the inner corners of you eyes and on your brow-bones.
- Coat your lower lashes with mascara.
- Apply a colorful, dark magenta lipstick. Tip: Top your lipstick off with a pink lip gloss to create the illusion of fuller lips and to lighten the color of your lipstick if you feel that it is too dark.
Maybelline Better Skin Foundation
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Dermablend Loose Translucent Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (for bronzer)
Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Blush in “Score”
TheBalm “Marylouminizer” Highlighter
Makeup Forever Step-1 Smoothing Primer (To fill in enlarged pores on my cheeks and forehead area.)
L’oreal Magic Lumi Primer (Applied everywhere else to add luminosity and hydration.)
MAC Dark Brown Eyeshadow from the Warm Neutrals Palette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Inner Corner and Brow Bone Highlight – The Balm “Maryloumizer” Highlighter
Crease- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette “Salted Caramel” & “Milk Chocolate”
Outer Corner & Crease: Too Faced CBP “Semi Sweet”
Outer Corner: Too Faced CBP “Triple Fudge”
Maybelline Gel Liner in “Blackest Black”
Clinique “01 Black” Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen
Lid- Morphe Brushes 35E Palette – the rose gold shade (Sorry,this palette does not name their eyeshadows.); MAC Loose Pigment in “Tan”
KIKO Daily Extensions Mascara
Lena Lashes in “Bianca”
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in “Craft”
Lorac Alter Ego Lipgloss in “Supermodel”